Latin America RIG
Our mission is to build technical capacity, provide a forum to exchange scientific information, and foster advance in Pharmacoepidemiology, including drug utilization research (DUR) and pharmacovigilance, among researchers interested in collaborating with other researchers, from Latin America (LatAm) countries and from other parts of the world.
- To contribute with capacity building in Pharmacoepidemiology to conduct high-quality studies in Latin America and with other countries
- To develop educational materials based on specific needs of Latin America countries and other countries, and to leverage existing materials from ISPE
- To provide an open forum for discussion of scientific topics of interest to Latin America countries and other countries, exchange ideas and collaborate on specific research projects to solve pharmacoepidemiology-related issues
- To disseminate the results of high-quality Pharmacoepidemiology studies among researchers, policy makers, users (patients) and healthcare providers
- To harmonize Latin American countries and other countries’ sources of information (e. g. databases), to work with decision markers at the government level, to optimize the use of rigorous Pharmacoepidemiology research at national and international levels
- To use data from Latin America sources and databases, as well as from other countries to estimate the potential impact of emerging drugs identified, prioritized, and critically assessed at the local level
- To promote international collaboration with researchers and research groups in the area of pharmacoepidemiology
Please visit our ISPE Community for the latest RIG news, upcoming meetings, membership, documents library, connecting with RIG members and leaders, and more. An account is needed to access the community and join it.